FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a procedure that would allow me to amend a moving violation into a non-moving violation for insurance concerns?

Yes, in some cases.  This can only be done in person at the Court Window at Westwood City Hall.  The procedure is called an amended citation.  This can only be done once a year.  The fines are basically doubled plus court costs.  You can contact the Court Clerk at (913) 362-3737 to inquire if your ticket is amendable and how much it would be.