FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

How can I find out where easements and public rights of way are on my property?

Easements are typically filed at a county's register of deeds office, or in Johnson County at the Records & Tax Administration (RTA) office.  All filed easements should be listed on the property title report and/or shown on property survey information that may have provided at the time your property was purchased.  Having a complete boundary-survey of your property done with the appropriate property title research will show where any easements are located on a property.