Temporary Construction Easements

The City of Westwood is pursuing on the 2019 Street & Storm Sewer Rehabilitation projects.  A Temporary Construction Easement (TCE) is needed from about 70 Westwood property owners to allow the General Contractor to complete the work as planned.

A Temporary Construction Easement is generally needed at driveways where the proposed improvements will extend onto private property.

Signing off on a Temporary Construction Easement document is typically not needed nor required for construction crews working on public utilities, like water lines, cable and phone fiber lines, within the public street rights-of-way area.

Homeowner Instructions:

  • The Temporary Construction Easement document that was delivered to your property must be executed by the property owner(s).  Signatures must be notarized and signed in person in front of the Notary. Notaries are available at Westwood City Hall, 4700 Rainbow Boulevard during business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
  • By February 27th, 2019, There is still time - please return the executed & notarized Temporary Construction Easement document to the City of Westwood, 4700 Rainbow Boulevard – either in person or by US Postal Service.
  • Feel free to make a copy of the executed TCE document for your records, and keep the 11" x 17" exhibit.
  • If you have questions or wish to review this information, please contact John Sullivan, City of Westwood Director of Public Works at (913) 432-1550.