FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do when there is a stray animal in my yard?

The City of Westwood contracts with the Northeast Johnson County Animal Control Division.  To reach an animal control officer, call the Johnson County Sheriff's Department at 913;782.0720. 

Stray animals are taken to the Unleashed Pet Rescue at 5918 Broadmoor in Mission Kansas. Their phone number is 913.831.7387, they can also be reached by email.

Do I have to license my dog/cat?

The City of Westwood requires all dogs and cats over the age of six months to be licensed on a yearly basis and vaccinated against rabies.  This applies to homeowners and renters. More information about licensing your pet